It has been raining on and off (mostly on) for over a week now but today the clouds parted and the sun came out. It turned out to be a beautiful day. I slow-cooked an elk roast with potatoes yesterday. I served a salad with it, the first salad out of our garden. It was only lettuce and onions but it was so very good. I also made homemade bread but I wasn't happy with it. I am still trying to perfect my bread recipe. I use the bread machine to mix the dough and then I shape it and cook it.
The babies chickens are growing like weeds. I have 25 6 week old chicks, 8 1 week old chicks and 2 2 week old Cayuga female ducklings. I am excited about my chickens, I truly love them. The turkeys are growing bigger everyday and love getting out of the coop Mariah and I made for them and running all over the yard. We are going to have to get a fence made for them and will but we need the funds first.
Dale and I are leaving for 5 days tomorrow to go to Idaho Falls so I can have my lasik surgery. Looking forward to this getaway and restoring my eyesight.
No comments:
Post a Comment