Saturday, April 23, 2011

Yum - Dinner!



Dale and I went out to dinner last night and had to stop at the feed store to pick up a bander for the two of the baby goats. I had called earlier in the day to see if they had any Cornish Chicks in because we had decided earlier in the year we weren't going to raise 25 again this year. However after looking in my freezer and seeing we only had about 10 left, I decided we should at least raise a few because I did not want to be buying store bought chicken full of hormones for my family. The gentleman on the phone told me they didn't have any so imagine my surprise and sense of happiness when I walked in and there were 7 of them for sale. My goal was to raise 10 or 12 but hey I will take 7. I asked if they were available and the clerk said they were. They only charged me for 6 of them because of the phone mix-up.

They will be moved out in the shed today as the container they are in is much to small. The weather is beautiful today, in the high 60s. When they are about two weeks old they will be able to be put out in the tractor and be out in the pasture. The tractor that we still have to build.

No comments: